Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings, Crocked.

I have a love/hate relationship with my slow cooker. Crock pot. Whatever you want to call it.

I love it because every once in a while, it makes an agonizingly delcious dinner with little to no effort from me at all.

I hate it because, two times out of three, it ruins dinner when I try a new recipe. I never have luck with a recipe the first time around. I feel like all slow cooker recipes out there are written for appliances smaller than mine. So when I cook on low for 8 hours, per the recipe, I get a mushy/burnt/goopy/soggy version of the meal. HATE. I've tossed out entire crocks worth of food before.

This recipe was spot-on, the very first time. And my house kind of smelled like heaven for the last four hours. (The dogs were beside themselves, distraught, drooling fools, draped across the kitchen rug as they worshiped the sputtering slow cooker).



I usually don't cook with "cream of" anything, or biscuits in a can, but I made an exception this time. I am so glad I did. This is an easy, easy, EASY meal, and incredibly satisfying.

2 comments:

  1. So is this meant to be a tease? Or are you going to tell us how to make it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I linked to the recipe in the post! Maybe that wasn't obvious. Not trying to tease, ha.

    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/12/crockpot-chicken-and-dumplings-soup.html

    ReplyDelete